Background

Friday, February 1, 2013

"Content in Him"


Content is exactly how I am feeling at this time in my life. 

Traveling to Belize in the first part of January really began opening my eyes to a new area of growth in my walk with the Lord.

It was while I was in Belize that I was able to fully let go with my grip on time. I had gotten so accustomed to watching my watch to see what activities I had next and in doing so I lost the joy of spending time in the activity I was currently doing.
For example: I have found joy in singing once again. Last semester it seemed I was so busy trying to get things done for nursing and other activities I was involved in that I didn't allow myself to fully enjoy my choral rehearsals. I would show up for class, sing along with my music but I would never go deeper, or go further. I would continually be looking to what I had to do immediately afterward.
God didn't want me living like that anymore. And most importantly I have been able to see and understand exactly why in Ecclesiastes he talkes about there being a time for every activity under the sun.

{Ecclesiastes 3.1 There is a time for everything, and a season for everything under the heavens}

Seeking his wisdom and understanding everyday in this area has allowed me to relax in his presence and focus on how my actions and attitude towards activities and events can really further his kingdom.
I have found joy in all the simple things again. Although I am extremely busy with nursing, tennis, choir and the small groups I am a part of I am able to use my time in each activity to give God glory!
He has blessed me with so much and I continue to thank him daily for where he has me at this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment