Background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{God's Love}

" I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you" 

- John 14.18

 " Therefore I tell you do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than clothes. Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them." 

 - Matthew 6.25

Two verses that are about our heavenly father taking care of us. One of my biggest struggles has been fully trusting in God to take care of me. I like to plan my life out perfectly, envision nothing but the best. What comes with that is a lot of stress. I can't help but think to myself, "What happens if this doesn't happen?", "What will happen if I can't afford to pay for this or that."

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart..." Another verse that goes right along with these two passages. One that through Francis Chan brought me out of my slump and my constant worry of my future. Sure there are times when I start to plan my perfect little life again. But it's not long before I stop and realize exactly who has the pen to my life and whom I trust to write the perfect "life"script for me.

As God is taking care of me, I came to a realization today that yes God is taking care of me. He will provide me with the food I need to eat and the clothes I need to keep me warm in the cold winter's that strike Duluth. But I never realized that maybe... just maybe when he says in John 14.18 "I will not leave you as orphans"; he may also be meaning his lost children. I know when my God was not deeply rooted in my life I felt like an orphan. I was constantly looking for a home and love that would fill every space in my heart. When he came to me I felt his welcoming arms.  As orphaned child in his huge world, I finally felt I was home.

And I was thinking when he says: "I will come to you." He is talking also about his people going out and spreading his love. We are all made in the image of God and have him living in our hearts. "...God's seed remains in him" {1 John3.9}
Going out into our communities and carrying with us the seed of Christ in love is number one. We can be the one's he sends out to take care of his orphans. Whether it be through giving of our time in volunteer work, through donating articles of clothing, or through prayer for people in need.

Our God is Love - 1 John 4.8
How blessed are we to have the seed of Love in our Hearts?



No comments:

Post a Comment