Background

Thursday, April 11, 2013

{A Powerful Reminder}



4 weeks until graduation and it seems as if time is just picking up speed. I feel blessed to be where I am at in my life and for the season in my life that is drawing to a close for me. 
Through these past couple weeks there have been many moments where planning for the future and not knowing where God may want me has caused me to feel overwhelmed. 

I feel incredibly blessed to have a Mom who is strong in her faith who supports me and is encouraging of God's plan for my life. I feel like through stress and the business life brings Satan tries to drag me down and leave me feeling defeated.
Hearing this song is such a powerful reminder of who I am and what really matters. The opening lyrics to the song: 


If my heart is overwhelmed
And I cannot hear Your voice
I hold on to what is true
Though I cannot see
If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith
I will believe

These words and chords ring through my heart. Gently  I feel the Holy Spirit come to life again as I hold onto the truth I know and the identity that I have in Christ is what really matters in this world. 

Constant connection and prayer with God is the only thing that makes things seem bearable to me at this time in my life. As I have submitted applications to jobs I am in prayer and trusting that God will place me exactly where he wants me. I'm not concerned about not being good enough but rather where God needs me to make a difference in his kingdom. I  know I have the ability to care for patients, and the exciting thing about my faith right now is a reminder that God already knows which patients will one day cross paths with me and I'll be able to care for! I'm ready to reach out to people, and he has the perfect patients and people written into his plan. I am not sure where it will be but I know where ever it is God will be also. And in that I find great comfort. 


As graduation draws near and decisions are needing to be made it's amazing to know what really matters and who I can run to! 




No comments:

Post a Comment