Background

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

{Meant to Be}

Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about what God's will might be for my life. Through much reflection, prayer, and time spent in God's word I have been able to gain some understanding of this new chaos for me.

"For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his purpose." 
Philippians 2:13 


I have come to realize God's will for my life is not necessarily just in the years to come, and the big decisions I will be making as graduation approaches. But instead, it is being lived out on a daily basis.Whether it be helping someone out around me, or simply smiling as I pass by a stranger. Every moment has been sculpted by God for his plan. I am able to see the power of his will for my life in every moment.

While I was job searching I prayed earnestly that God would lead me in the direction he needed me. I want to continue to pursue his love and be able to share that love with his people. 
After many prayers I officially accepted a job offer as an Registered Nurse in Rochester, MN at St. Mary's Hospital on their Neurology/Neurosurgery unit.

I will be working with patients post-surgery and I can't wait to be able to care for my patients as Christ would want them cared for. Just the thought of helping them brings a smile to my face :) 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6

This verse has been strengthening to me as I go through these exciting yet frightening changes. It's difficult to wrap my mind around the idea that I am packing up all my belongings and moving permanently to a location to work and not just attend school.
With the acceptance of the job I feel God has been using this as a way for me to draw closer to him. Although I am nervous about the move and meeting people, 
I take comfort knowing that God will never leave me. He is my one sure foundation and comfort when everything is new and frightening. 

I feel extremely blessed to have spent the last 4 years at St. Scholastica being a part of many activities and organizations. I have met so many amazing people that have had such a big impact on me. Knowing that everything was a part of God's plan to get me where I am today and where I will be going continues to encourage me in my faith walk.
As I stated earlier I am following God's will for my life. Moment by moment, day by day. It's an exciting and crazy ride and I am comforted knowing that God is in control of it all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment