Background

Sunday, November 4, 2012

[Obedience]

Complete obedience
I sit here and I listen to the words in Chris Tomlin's song "Majesty of Heaven"
He is majesty, he will reign forever.
He's the one I am following. As I find myself once again in a time of loneliness and not knowing what the future holds, I know where I can find my peace.
My stomach is in knots, my heart is racing and it's been this way for a few hours. I can't seem to get deep enough breaths.
I'm dying to myself, I'm living for him.
I have to keep reminding myself what life is all about. That the way i have previously set my goals in life is different now. I'm scared. I want to grab onto anything that is going to give me support in this storm of life. Through this season of change and pruning from the lord. He is ridding me of anything and everything that has come in between his love for me.

Today I deactivated my Facebook account. I know God was calling me to let go of that "idol" in my life as I have spent too much time worrying about what I was posting, and how I was being displayed on Facebook. I don't feel like I i am keeping myself set-apart for God when I share details of my life with everyone. I need time to step back, and focus on God. Redirect my addiction of checking my Facebook notifications towards God and answering him when he calls me.
I'm different now, I felt Facebook would never fully share with the world how my heart is different, how I've changed. And so I'm starting new.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart" 

- Jeremiah 29:13 - 

God is being nothing but gentle. I'm blessed that he knows exactly what I can  handle and what I can't. For now I am content with not trying to grab onto something or someone down here who can physically comfort me. Instead i'm turning to him.
I feel blessed that I have come to that time in my life where I am finally looking at being independent and living my life solely for Christ. Being true to him and my promise to be his bride. Content in his love, content in listening to him for guidance.


No comments:

Post a Comment