Background

Friday, November 2, 2012

My Reality

"But Megan, is that realistic?"
....
The thing is when I heard that I didn't think of  it as the world views that statement.
I viewed it as the way my heavenly father would view that statement. I believe with a statement like that he would chuckle and say... "there is no realistic for me. I am in the business of doing the impossible."
 I'm not here to think that for a second my life will be "realistic". My hopes and my dreams are placed in my heart by God. There has never been a single individual or soul duplicated in the world before. Everyone is unique in their own way because our God is a creative God.
I long to live my life according to the Bible and follow God where ever he may lead me. Even when sometimes I hear the silence instead of his spoken words.
You see I feel like God has made a promise to me. I'm not going to get into details but there have been many times in which I could have caved in my own desires. i could have begun pursing the things here on earth that I had fully given over to God.  I would have snatched the control right back out of his hands and attempted to do things my own way again.
If i would have caved in a moment of temporary feelings I know I wouldn't be where I am today. To know that my life is in the hands of a God who controls the whole universe gives me a sense of peace. To me it seems to be only logical to trust God with everything, as he is the true controller of everything. It doesn't matter what my view on anything is, his will will win every time.
So for me to live my life and look at terms as realistic and unrealistic i think that's unfair. I believe with the power of prayer from a faithful heart God can and will do miracles.

I know my  dreams are planted in my heart (realistic or not to this world), and my God sees them. They are very real to him, and one day his plans will be revealed. Even if his plans don't pan out as i would have hoped it was still realistic to me because I have a real powerful God.

 "Trust in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37.4


No comments:

Post a Comment